Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 | By Linda Smoker | 28 Comments

Simple Quilts & Sewing – Fall 2011

What a great time of the year!

After a busy season of warmer weather activities, it’s nice to settle down and take some time to sew. If you are new to sewing, we have some wonderful projects that are perfect for beginners. BUT … if you are a more seasoned sewer that wants something quick and easy, you are going to love this
issue as well.

There are a total of 36 patterns! We have everything from simple quilts for baby to a full-size quilt for a guest bedroom. Our small sewing projects are so clever and useful too. They’re great to make for yourself, but also to give away to family and friends during the upcoming holiday season. If that’s not inspiration enough, each project is a visual treat, beautifully photographed, many from the Smoky Mountains in Cashiers, North Carolina.

So our best wishes to you as you look through this issue of  Simple Quilts & Sewing!

Deborah Hearn, Editor-in-Chief
Lisa Swenson Ruble, Managing Editor

• Marcia K says:

Posted September 29, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Oh quick and easy is just my style. I sure hope this magazine is on my stores stand!

• christine says:

Posted September 29, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Hello
    Could you tell me what time will come out this review because I’d be really interested
    Thank you in advance and good day to you
    Christine

• Joan Zittlow says:

Posted September 30, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I love Simply quilts & sewing. This is the first time I saw one. How do I go about ordering it.

Loving the patterns.

• Marie says:

Posted October 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I purchased the Winter 2011 issue of Simple Quilts and can’t wait to start a project. I have quilted before, but my time is limited now. My plans are to get back into it with one of the smaller projects. The child and matching doll quilt looks so cute!

• Robin says:

Posted October 8, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Bought this magazine today and I’ve already read through it twice and am getting ready to start again. The only problem is deciding which project to do first!!

• Kelly Paquet says:

Posted October 11, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I just discovered this magazine, and I am so glad. It is the best one yet for my taste. I do wish magazines were not quite so expensive. I’d buy every one! But this one is exactly what I like, and I will be happy to invest my sewing money in it!

• Rebecca says:

Posted October 11, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I have not been able to find the Simple Quilts Fall 2011 issue anywhere, & I’m dying for it! I’ve searched every Target, Wal-Mart, grocery store, drugstore, etc. in this area. Does anyone know how I can order it or where it can be purchased? Thanks!

• Marie says:

Posted October 11, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Can someone tell me where I can buy this issue??

Posted October 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm

The new Simple Quilts & Sewing Fall 2011 is on sale right now. Check with your local retailers.

• Michelle says:

Posted October 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Picked this magazine up last week and it’s my favorite. When I buy a quilt magazine I usually only see one pattern I like and want to try. This one was full of patterns and I want to try them all! Not just the quilts but the other sewing projects too! Love it!!

• bingobonnie says:

Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:06 am

I saw this magazine while grocery shopping a week ago and looked through it and loved so many of the projects. Especially the blue jeans upcycle for tic-tac-toe game!!! Last weekend when I went back to the grocery to buy a copy, they were GONE!!! :( how can I purchase this issue??? help!

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

Posted October 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm

So sorry the store was sold out! Go to our http://www.quiltmag.com. Click on Back Issues and you can order a copy online.

• bingobonnie says:

Posted October 18, 2011 at 6:46 pm

thank you for a fast reply! I had not seen online where I could purchase it yet, and today put out an APB for it on facebook with my friends across America :) If I can’t find it in town at perhaps a B&N or Joanns, then I’ll order and pay for shipping.

My 7 year old is a tic-tac-toe queen here at our home and I love that upcycle project in there with the blue jeans! What a perfect project for her and I to work on together!! and perfect for gift giving to all the Birthday invites. :)

Thanks again! ~bonnie

• Janet says:

Posted October 20, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Do you offer subscriptions to simple quilts and sewing?

Posted October 21, 2011 at 9:41 am

Unfortunately, a subscription to Simple Quilts & Sewing is not available at this time.

• Virginia Brunner says:

Posted November 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I am looking for the magazine “Simple Quilts & sewing 95 tips & ideas & Projects
    Do you know where I can get this??

Posted November 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Look in your local stores or order online on our “Back Issues” page.

• Peggy Bartholomew says:

Posted November 21, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I would like to subscribe to Simple Quilts & Sewing. I can find sub cards for Quilt Mag but am not finding one for Simple Quilts & Sewing. How do I go about subscribing to this magazine? I am finding it hard to find at stores in my area.

Peggy Bartholomew

Posted November 23, 2011 at 10:44 am

Simple Quilts & Sewing is not available by subscription at this time. You can go to our “Back Issues” page on our website and order a copy or find one in your local quilt shop.

• Jill says:

Posted December 3, 2011 at 1:09 am

I was in a neighborhood pharmacy last month, and saw for the first time Simple Quilts magazine. I bought it and must say that it’s my favorite magazine EVER! I love it!! I subscribe to a few other magazines and this is by far the best! How often is this one published? Will subscriptions be available in the future?
    Thank you!

Posted December 7, 2011 at 8:59 am

Thank you Jill! Simple Quilts and Sewing is available twice a year in the Spring and Fall. At this time it is not available by subscription.

• Daphne says:

Posted December 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I would like to know when the next issue will be available in the stores. I think that I found the winter magazine in Walmart. I have never heard of it before and I am so glad that I bought it. I love the magazine. I have ordered the last spring issue online and I love that magazine also. I can’t wait for the next issue!

• Aloma Marker says:

Posted December 26, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I have the winter issue and would like to know when the next issue will be available.

• ann elliott says:

Posted January 27, 2012 at 9:21 pm

When will the spring issue of Simple Quilts and sewing be available?

Posted February 1, 2012 at 10:40 am

The Spring 2012 issue of Simple Quilts and Sewing will go on sale 3/20/12. Look for it in your local stores!

• Happy says:

Posted May 13, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Just found this magazine. LOVE IT!! Really needs to be by subscription!

• Diane says:

Posted September 18, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Simple Quilts & Sewing Fall 2011 is not an option for back order issue?
    When will this be an option?

• Trish says:

Posted December 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Is there anywhere I can find the PDF pattern for the Denim Tic Tac Toe game?