Posted on Thursday, June 3, 2010 | By Linda Smoker | 43 Comments

QUILT #115 – Aug/Sept 2010

Why quilt?

Dear Quilting Friends,

I’m sure you can add even more to this list. Most of us don’t need a good reason at all, we just can’t help ourselves! I’m delighted to share the latest issue of QUILT Magazine with you because I know our bright, fun patterns will inspire you even more!

Since we are still enjoying some of those last lazy days of summer, you’re going to love Feelin’ Tropical, a fish quilt, complete with crazy button eyes. Butterfly Inn is another sunny project that doubles as a pillow—a clever “quillow” design. And Dragonflies & Snails is an adorable appliqué made up of squiggly critters from fussy-cut fabric.

There are 20 patterns in all, so you’ll find plenty to pick from, whether it’s for baby, beach or bed. A special “carryall” section features a tote, beach bag and purse in just the style for the busy gal! And Spinning Dots is as fun to stitch as its name suggests.

Whatever your personal reason for quilting is, we hope you’ll get excited about your next project as you thumb through these pages.

Debbie

• Liz says:

Posted April 11, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I am looking for the Birdeye view quilt pattern and I think it was in the Aug/Sept 2010 quilt magazine. Is this correct?

Thanks

Posted April 12, 2011 at 8:09 am

Liz,

You are correct! A bird’s-eye view was patterned in the Aug/Sept issue of quilt. But unfortunately, that issue is sold out. I will send you a copy of the pattern via email.

• Suzzane Waid says:

Posted April 21, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I purchased all the fabric needed for Feelin Tropical in the Aug/Sept 2010 issue. Unfortunately I left the magazine at the fabric shop and they can not find it to mail it to me. I noticed on the back order list that this isue is not available. Is there any thing you can do to help me. Please.

• Susan Price says:

Posted July 10, 2011 at 8:10 am

I love the Feelin’ Tropical pattern in the Aug/Sept 2010 issue. Is there any way to obtain the pattern? My daughter-in-law is using a tropical theme for the nursery and this quilt would be perfect.

Posted July 11, 2011 at 11:12 am

I would love to send you a copy of this pattern! Your daughter-in-law will love it! I will send the pattern and templates to your given email address.

• Alice Ward says:

Posted July 28, 2011 at 9:40 am

I subscribe to your magazine but cannot find this issue and want to make the ‘Feelin’ tropical’ quilt for my Granddaughter’s baby boy, due in October. How can I get a copy of the pattern? Thanks

Posted August 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm

It IS a beautiful quilt. I will send you a copy of this pattern by email.

• patty henry says:

Posted August 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Just love the Feeling Tropical quilt and realize it is out of print. is there any way I could get a pettern?

Posted August 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I will send you the pattern via email. It IS a beautiful quilt!

• Francis C. Moore says:

Posted August 30, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I would love to have a pattern for the fish in the Aug. Sept issue of 2010. I have the magazine, but the pattern pages are missing. Thanks.

Posted August 30, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I will email you the templates.

• Karen says:

Posted October 22, 2011 at 7:54 pm

In this issue there was the pattern called Baby Steps. I was wondering if in the cutting section of the pattern under brown vine if the measurements were wrong?
    Thanks so much

• Frances Jagodzinski says:

Posted November 16, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I have been searching for the Quilt issue #115 in order to make the Dots and Circles quilt featured on the front. Is this pattern available for purchase in any form? I subscripe to your terrific magazine and encourage others to do so.Thank you

Posted November 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Issue #115 is no longer available, but I’d be happy to send you a copy of the Dots and Circles pattern via email.

• Diane Rolloff says:

Posted February 20, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I too have been trying to find issue #115, I am looking for the pattern pieces for Whimsy Purse.

• Laurene Way says:

Posted February 22, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I am making the Urban Tote by Stephanie Brandenburg from the August/Sept 2010 #115 issue of Quilt. I have it all cut out and ready to sew, but I cannot find what seam allowance is used for this tote. Is it the standard quilt 1/4″ or is it 1/2″ or 5/8″?

Posted February 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

Use a 1/4″ seam allowance for the tote.

• Joan Watson says:

Posted March 18, 2012 at 12:25 am

I recently was given a copy of Quilt Magazine #115. I wanted to make the Whimsy purse, but the pattern section did not have the pattern pieces. Maybe they were taken out and used. Is it possible to get a copy of the pattern pieces.

Posted March 19, 2012 at 10:42 am

I will send you a copy of the pattern to your email!

• Rosemarie says:

Posted March 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Is it possible to get a copy of the pattern Whimsy Purse. I copied the instructions but not the pattern. Now I can’t find the magazine to get the pattern.
    Thank you.

Posted March 29, 2012 at 9:46 am

I will send the pattern to your email.

• CHARLENE ZYGLER says:

Posted May 18, 2012 at 8:23 am

I have a young grandson who would love the “Feelin Tropical” quilt, how can I obtain a pattern?

• Nena Wells says:

Posted May 24, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Is it possible to get a copy of the pattern for the ruffled tote bag, using the Urban Art Material designed by Stephanie Brandenburg. I have misplaced my magazine and I have the material to make the tote

• Kate Pontello says:

Posted May 27, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Is it possible to have the pattern for the “Feelin Tropical” – emailed to me as well.
    Thanking you in advance.

K

• priscilla hart says:

Posted May 31, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I also would like to obtain the pattern for this quilt. How can I do that? Thanks, Priscilla

• Lara Strickland says:

Posted June 7, 2012 at 10:00 am

Hi!
    I was wondering if I could get my hands on the Butterfly Inn pattern? Please let me know how I can get it!!
    THANKS!!

• Vicki Moss says:

Posted June 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Hi,

I seem to have missed this issue and would love to make the Tropical Fish Quilt. Is there any way I can get that pattern?

Thanks
    Vicki

• Vicki Moss says:

Posted June 20, 2012 at 11:28 am

I have not heard an answer yet on my request for the pattern of the Feelin Tropical pattern.

I would really like to make this for my soon to be nephew.

Please let me know if there is any way to get the pattern.

Thanks
    Vicki

• Cindy D. says:

Posted July 3, 2012 at 7:26 am

I also love the Feelin Tropical Pattern. It will be the perfect pattern to make on our family’s beach vacation. Please let me know how I can get a copy of the pattern also.

Thank you.
    Cindy

• kay hord says:

Posted October 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I am making the feeling tropical fish quilt. A friend shared the pattern with me, but not the template! I made one…am not sure it is accurate as I haven’t actually sewn the blocks together. Does the template have the placement of the eye? And is there a template for the eye or the bubbles. I am machine appliqueing on the eye rather than using buttons. I would think buttons would be uncomforable to lie on in a bed. I love the pattern! Thanks for great patterns!

• Candy says:

Posted December 7, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I also would love a copy of the pattern for the Feelin’ Tropical quilt. What a fun design!
    Thank you.

• Jeanne says:

Posted December 26, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I would like a copy of the templates for quilt pattern feelin good
    thanks

• Kelly says:

Posted March 5, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I would love this pattern! How awesome

• Linda says:

Posted March 10, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Can you please email me the directions for the Fish Quilt that was published in the Aug 2010 magazine. Qult Magazine

• Linda says:

Posted March 10, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Can you email me the directions for feelin tropical quilt from aug 2010 quilt #115

• Becky Hicks says:

Posted March 16, 2013 at 8:05 am

I have been looking everywhere for feeling tropical. How can I get it now, I can’t find a copy of the magazine.

• Judith Riddle says:

Posted March 23, 2013 at 7:18 am

I would love to make this fish quilt for a new baby for my long-time dentist who is going to be a grandfather this July 2013. Can someone help me in finding this pattern? thanks…Judy

• Pascale Veenings says:

Posted April 1, 2013 at 7:59 am

I woud love to receive the pattern via email, if possible.
    Thank you for your help!

• Ann Gardner says:

Posted April 4, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I absolutely love the Feelin Tropical quilt pattern. I would love to receive the pattern via email or mail. Thanks for your help in finding the pattern!!
    Ann

• kathie Whitson says:

Posted June 17, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I found my kit for the Urban Tote in your issue 115 Aug/Sept 2010 issue, but can’t find the magazine. Is there any chance I can still get the pattern?

Thanks,
    Kathie

• Quilt Magazine says:

Posted June 18, 2013 at 9:45 am

Kathie,

Contact the Back Issues Department at 212-462-9525 or backissues@harris-pub.com to check on availability of the Aug/Sept 2010 issue and to place an order.

• Jennifer says:

Posted July 2, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I would really like to make the Feelin Tropical quilt for our baby due in November of this year. Can you please send me the pattern?

• Ellee says:

Posted August 9, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I’ve been looking for the dots and circle quilt ever since I saw it back in 2010. When I went back to purchase the magazine a little later, it was no longer available. I’ve been kicking myself ever since. I’ve told my mom about it and she suggested to look online. Why didn’t I think of that?
    Is there any way I could get a copy of that magazine or at least the pattern for that quilt? I want to make it for baby #2!
    Thanks,