Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 | By Quilt Magazine | 10 Comments

Quick Quilts, Issue #117 – Fall 2010

Sew Delicious

To me, quilting is like cooking. You begin by finding a pattern, like a recipe, that appeals to you and collect the materials. After following the steps to create your project, you sit back, relax, and enjoy the results.

Bring both quilting and sewing into the kitchen with several food-related projects for foodies and quilters alike. Try a clever pie wrap, a whimsical oven mitt, or a harvest table setting, all simple sewing projects you can make in a day. After you’re done sewing, take your talents into the kitchen and bake the delicious apple pie.

Of course, this issue is packed with quilt patterns as well. Two star quilts, Red, White & Bright and Victorian Star, offer different piecing techniques, and Spice of Life uses easy raw-edge appliqué. Check out all our projects for some tastefully simple ideas.

Happy Quilting!

Lisa Swenson Ruble

• Gloria says:

Posted August 31, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I made your pie carrier… It was really a quick and easy pattern…I am now off to make the oven mitt….

• sandra moseley says:

Posted September 19, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Just a quick question about your “all wrapped up” fabric pie holder, page 10-11, quick quilts.
    When I made the straps they turned out to be one inch wide, yet in the picture they appear larger.
    I also had difficulty sewing thru all the layers of the handles. What size are the finished handles suppose to be?
    Thanks. It looks like a great idea, but I certainly am questioning my interpretation of the pattern instructions.

• maggie says:

Posted September 22, 2010 at 11:37 am

Managed to finish the project and it looks awesome. Found the instructions some what confusing. Mostly relied on pictures to follow the project.
    As an engineer I would have loved to see the distance from the corner to where we have to set the small handles. But it was a good project that I will recommend anyone to make.

• Veronica Kates says:

Posted April 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

Is Quick Quilts still being published?

Posted April 29, 2011 at 11:23 am

We have replaced Quick Quilts at this time with our new issue, Simple Quilts and Sewing. It is on sale in stores twice a year. Check it out!

• Jane Gates says:

Posted May 14, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Hi, We made a quilt from yoru August 2010 issue that was navy blue and yellow tulips with a red 1″ border inside a 4 inch border. THe tulips were set on point. I need to know the name of this quilt pattern please. Thanks.

Posted May 16, 2011 at 10:45 am

Jane,

I am unable to find the quilt you are referring to. Could you please give me a page number and the name and issue number of the magazine?

• Janet Starr says:

Posted September 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm

It appears that Fright Night Halloween cutting instructions left out something. Under the Black with Orange Stars – cutting the 1-1/2″ squares is not listed in the cutting instructions.

• Becki says:

Posted June 6, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Where can I find the pattern for the pie carrier?

• Holly Love says:

Posted September 9, 2012 at 11:18 pm

First let me say that out of all the magazines I read yours are my favorite. I read them over and over again. When subscribing is there anyway to subscribe to your other magazines such as simple quits and others besides Quilt? Also do u offer electronic subscriptions? Thank you again I very much enjoy all of your magazines.