Quilts Product Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter: To enter the “QUILT Celebrates 30 Years” sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), hand print your full name, residential address, phone number, and email address on a 3X5 card or a postcard. Mail your completed entry with sufficient postage to: QUILT Celebrates 30 Years, c/o Harris Publications, Inc., 1115 Broadway, 8th floor, New York, NY 10010. All entries must be postmarked between (and including) June 10, 2009 and September 1, 2009 and received by September 7, 2009. All entries must be handwritten. Enter as often as you like, but each entry must be mailed separately. No more than one entry per envelope can be submitted. Harris Publications Inc. (“Sponsor”) shall not be responsible for illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, lost, late or, mutilated entries, or for postage-due, lost or misdirected mail. Entries that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, or Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, who are 18 or older as of the date of entry. Paid editorial contributors to Quilt Magazine and employees of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. Void in the Province of Quebec, outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
3. Drawing: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries on or about September 8, 2009. The drawing will take place under the supervision of Sponsor. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and requirements (“Official Rules”) and by the decision of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. The winners will be notified by email or phone on or about September 8, 2009. If an entrant selected in the drawing is a resident of Canada, to be declared a winner he/she must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email. If a potential winner who is a resident of Canada cannot be contacted, and/or the skill-testing question cannot be administered, within seven (7) days he/she will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
4. Prizes: A total of seventy-three (73) winners will be randomly selected to win one (1) of the following prizes:
(1) Janome sewing machine, Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $1229;
(1) The Grace Company quilting frame, ARV $299;
(5) Rowenta iron and steamer, ARV $169 each;
(1) Desk Dave’s Featherweight sewing machine, ARV $1,000;
(5) The Electric Quilt Company program and books, ARV $150 each;
(10) Michael Miller fabric tins; ARV $59 each;
(10) Quilting Treasures charm tin; ARV $15 each;
(10) Island Batik bundles, ARV $30 each;
(10) Westminster Fibers bundles, ARV $30 each;
(20) Connecting Threads gift certificates, ARV $10 each.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined: $5672. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to any of the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winners, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Prizes are not redeemable by winners for cash value.
5. Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: The winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 14 days of prize notification. All taxes and unspecified expenses are solely the responsibility of the winners. If a winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of a winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
6. Conditions: All entries and requests become the property of Harris Publications, Inc. d/b/a Quilt Magazine, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor will have the right to photograph each winner. Entry constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants (including all winners) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, including without limitation for any and all loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever (including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death), which may occur in connection with preparation for, travel to, and/or participation in Sweepstakes, and/or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize, and/or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, and for any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and/or prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place and/or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather and/or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend and/or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) non-authorized human intervention, fraud and/or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness and/or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the case of termination, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
7. List of Winners: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2009 to: QUILT 30th Anniversary Prize Winners, c/o Harris Publications, Inc., 1115 Broadway, NY, NY 10010.
8. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Harris Publications, Inc., 1115 Broadway, New York, NY 10010.