Posted on Friday, October 14, 2011 | By Jackie Kunkel | 9 Comments

What Quilt Market Means To Me…

Every October, I look forward to heading to Houston, TX for International Quilt Market.  This is the wholesale market for the quilting industry.  There are lots of reasons to look forward to this fabulously wonderful event, but here are a few that are near and dear to my heart:

Being able to meet the fabulous designers behind all the beautiful fabric that we purchase and see the latest and greatest fabric lines that they have created for us.

Seeing eye catching quilts that have been made with the newest fabric lines.  Some just leave you wanting to go home and make a dozen or so…

Being able to walk around and view all the colorful and delightfully designed booths.

Eagerly anticipating walking the quilt market floor with hundreds of your closest friends.

Meeting up with friends, new and old.

And last but not least, coveting those wonderful things that someday you might have in your own home.

What would you like to see at Quilt Market?

Got to love Quilt Market… Here I come!!

Jackie Kunkel

Canton Village Quilt Works

cvquiltworks.com

About the Author: Jackie Kunkel

I am very passionate about my quilting. I have been quilting as a hobby now for close to 18 years. My husband didn't know what was in store when, I turned it into a business in the year 2000, when I purchased my first Gammill quilting machine and began to quilt customers quilt tops. Since then, I have also been designing quilts and recently took to the lecture circuit. Now, I also own my own online Quilt shop and sell top quality quilting fabric!! I am also an active quilting blogger and publish Quilting Podcasts to iTunes on a monthly basis.  I am usually doing something that is quilt related daily.

• Linda says:

Posted October 15, 2011 at 8:32 am

Could I carry your bag or something and come along?!?! I would want to see EVERYTHING. Have a great quilt market time!

• LeAnn says:

Posted October 15, 2011 at 9:24 am

I would love to see all the display quilts featuring beautiful new fabrics!

• Paula says:

Posted October 15, 2011 at 10:42 am

Oh, I want to see Quilt Market too! It’s on my bucket list! I would love to meet some of the great designers/bloggers that I follow, including you!

• Bonnie says:

Posted October 15, 2011 at 2:13 pm

It would be a dream to be there and to learn from you and other amazingly talented people. Love your stuff!

• Sandra Davidson says:

Posted October 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

To go to quilt market is a dream of mine. I would love to meet all of you ladies and gentlemen that I follow everyday on the blogs and listen to your advice and buy fabric. Maybe someday somebody will take me. Have fun in Huston.

• Linda says:

Posted October 15, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I want to see ME at quilt market. I’ve been to two of them and am good and ready to go again. Anyone need help?

• Kris says:

Posted October 18, 2011 at 6:48 am

I am amazed at all the wonderful sights at Market. I can see how much work the designers put into their products. Thank you for bringing it to us!

• Justine says:

Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:24 am

What fun!!! Have a great time… if you ever need someone to carry all your purchases, just let me know!!

• Betsey says:

Posted October 18, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I lived in Texas for about 5 years and got to Quilt Mart once. I loved it. Thanks For sharing your thoughts Jackie.